HXD 2019 Call for Speakers is now open!
Are you a designer? A provider? An innovator? An advocate? All are welcome at the Health Experience Design Conference, a diverse community practitioners and leaders in design, innovation, research, strategy, and technology, dedicated to accelerating the transformation of our health care system.
What is HXD?
The annual HXD conference provides a unique crossroads for a diverse community of practitioners and leaders in design, innovation, research, strategy, and technology to help accelerate the transformation of our health care system. Mad*Pow founded the Health Experience Design Conference nine years ago. Since that time it has become the leading conference advocating for person-centered experience innovation in health. Attracting over 500 visionaries across the health ecosystem, this two-day mix of inspiring presentations, workshops, and discussion drives real world change.
- This year’s conference will be held April 2 & 3 at the Royal Sonesta in Boston, MA.
- The audience will include a mix of designers, professionals from the health industry, researchers, and others.
- Talks will be delivered in 30 minute sessions including 15-20 minutes for the talk and 10 minutes for Q&A.
- Speakers will receive free attendance to both days of the conference.
- If you require travel reimbursement, please let us know. We have a limited travel budget and can work 1:1 with selected speakers to make sure they are able to attend.
Should I submit?
We welcome submissions from anyone with advice, experience, and best practices to share. Our 2019 HXD Conference theme is Driving Systemic Change. We are accepting speaker submissions on these topics:
- From Innovation to Execution
- Navigating the Finances and Logistics of Health
- Health Equity & Social Determinants of Health
- Behavior Change Design
- Pharma Innovation
- Patient Experience
- Digital Interventions for Mental Health
- Wellness & Prevention
- Health Literacy.
- Medical Device Design
We are looking for technical talks about methods or theory, case studies, or inspirational talks about your personal experiences. View talks from previous HXD Conferences to better understand our unique format.
Past speakers have included people from across the health ecosystem from payer to provider, pharma, non-profit, and government as well as health economists, public health professionals, musicians, students, and patient and families.
Please note that to minimize potential bias, we will be anonymizing all proposals before they are evaluated by the conference committee. Titles and abstracts will be extracted from submissions and any identifying information including name, gender pronouns, and company affiliations will be removed until the committee completes the review and selects the winning entries.
Submission Deadline: By November 30, 2018 – Midnight Eastern Time.
Speaker Decisions Released: By December 14. 2018 – Midnight Eastern Time
2019 HXD Conference: April 2-3, 2019 at the Royal Sonesta in Boston, MA
Questions? Contact Kathryn Hautanen, Director for Mad*Pow’s Center for Health Experience Design and Lead Speaker Curator for HXD 2019.